Walking the stacks in a library, dragging your fingers across the spines — it’s hard not to feel the presence of sleeping spirits - Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan
so, i have been living in a hole and only until very recently that i’ve learn that the book, Life after Life by Kate Atkinson existed- the concept of this book just blown me away. i cannot wait to get my hands on it!
Asked by Anonymous
I’m so sorry that you’ve had to go through that, I hope you can feel better soon <3 heartbreak can be an absolute bitch.
May I point you in the direction of Colleen Hoover’s Maybe Someday. This is probably exactly what you’re looking for right now. I’d also suggest taking a look at all her other books, too.
That’s all I’ve got though, unfortunately, I haven’t read much of that yet.
I can also suggest Abbi Glines’ Fallen Too Far books. They seem about right, as well.
Otherwise, I’m opening this up to my followers- if you know of any books that dear anon here would be interested in, please reblog/comment :)
Sorry to hear that, why don’t you check out Why we broke up by Daniel Handler?
Mythology tropes repeat themselves again and again in literature. Myths are the bricks of our contemporary storytelling, and GRRM is aware of that. In ASOIAF, many relations can be made with various mythologies, mostly mediterranean, celtic and scandinavian ones.
This text focuses on Sansa and…
Hiya! I decided to do another giveaway YAY! mostly because I couldn’t think of anything else and I really enjoyed the last one (made a great friend!) This one is going to be a little bit smaller though and it has a theme: Kick ass female character. All these books contain some pretty bad ass ladies and not just because they could kill you with the flick of their wrist ;) Basically they are awesome in all kinds of ways and we need them. Also thank you guys for following me, I love you! *Hugs*
First some rules:
- You can enter the giveaway by reblogging this post. After you reblogged likes will count as well.
- There will be one winner, the winner will be chosen on September 30.
- The winner can choose one book from the list below and it will be in either paperback or hardback, whichever you prefer.
- You have to be willing to give me your address.
- I’ll order from the bookdepository so this giveaway is INTERNATIONAL (unless the bookdepository doesn’t ship to your country)
- If the book is part of a series you can choose other books from that series.
- If you already own all the books or don’t like the ones in the list, I’m sure we can figure something else out.
And here… THE BOOKS!: they are all linked to their goodreads pages)
- A game of thrones by George R. R. Martin
- Throne of glass by Sarah J Maas
- Harry Potter and the sorcerer’s stone by J.K. Rowling
- The lightning thief by Rick Riordan
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Tiger lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Angelfall by Susan Ee
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- A wrinkle in time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- A great and terrible beauty by Libba Bray
- City of bones by Cassandra Clare
- The book thief by Markus Zusak
- The fault in our stars by John Green
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Rebel belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Between shades of grey by Ruta Sepetys
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children by Ransom Riggs
- Legend by Marie Lu
- The darkest minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The program by Suzanne Young
I might and more books later but this is it for now, I haven’t read all of them, but I’m going to trust goodreads on this :) Anyway good luck!!
Picture credit: Aprilsarts